Monday, January 2, 2017

Lancaster, PA - January 2, 2017


Well I'm getting transferred to…Inner Harbor 1! in Baltimore City! I'm pretty excited for everything, except I don't think I'll have a car which will be cold. I definitely will miss Lancaster. I love it here. I'm a little nervous about my new area. My companion's only been out for six weeks...All my areas have gotten exponentially more inner city though, so I'm not worried about that. It will just be cold. There's definitely no Amish. Wow I'll miss the Gpas. They are sooo fun.

It's hard getting back into the swing of things sometimes. I got back into the swing of things after Christmas and then we were told not to proselyte Saturday or Friday because of the New Year. I spent time with the family on Christmas. Jackson was pretty funny. Everett didn't say a word to me like usual. It's crazy how opposite those two are. Georgie was hilarious too though. Honestly I didn't remember him. No there's no snow at all. We had snow on the ground for only two days...Thanks for the sandals and presents by the way! That new shirt looks so much whiter.

Wow! That New Year's dinner looks better than ever! Seriously, I need food now. Everyone here has been talking about pork and sauerkraut for the past two weeks and how it's good luck and don't eat chicken. I actually ate chicken instead because the family that had us over was Asian hahaha.

I'll definitely teach you the ukulele. It's pretty easy if you know music, like rhythm. The hardest part about it is singing and playing at the same time. Sadie is gonna be a senior when I get back do you realize that? I'll be shocked if Sadie doesn’t do better than me on the ACT. Either way I bet she'll still be in BYU with me.

I always will have a deep love for president Hinckley. I'm pretty excited to start learning about him this year. I liked President Hunter, but I grew up with President Hinckley. All my memories in Primary are of him. He's my primary prophet.

Love,

Elder Ressler