Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Baltimore Inner Harbor 1 - January 17, 2017


I really like Baltimore. The good thing is that everyone here, for whatever reason, knows the missionaries. They either had a conversation with a member, has a Mormon friend, or is a former investigator. The people are actually very friendly.

It's a lot warmer here. This last week actually wasn't as cold as the previous. It made me way super happy actually. Get this...one day was 70 degrees!

We had some awesome miracles. One's in the making, so I'll hopefully share it next week. Today we felt we should walk to the metro a different way than normal and we ran into an investigator I've never met that we've been trying to get a hold of. We also found two new investigators. One is super solid. He's an older guy and he committed to being baptized and meeting with us often so that's good.

We saw the World Trade Center Baltimore. I also saw a huge Cathedral and George Washington Memorial and Johns Hopkins. We gave like three blessings in the hospital this last week. I have like two friends in the zone, but ALL the missionaries I serve around and see often are starting from scratch. Each of our companionships have someone going through 12 week training which means they're new.

I sang the good morning Baltimore song like twice. There's tons of homeless people. I get asked for money literally three times a day at least. There's one person I helped, but it's like if I gave a dollar to everyone that asked I'd be broke... I like the city a lot there's some good work going here and the members are awesome.

I've learned that Satan is super real. There's reasons we have the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. He knows just how to turn us away from God and focus more on ourselves and things that make us feel good.

Love you,

Elder Ressler