Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Towson, MD - May 31, 2016


There is traffic here in Maryland for sure. It's really teaching me to drive to be honest. I think I'll be a Nascar driver after the mission. We had to go to zone conference and then zone training this week and so we had to drive to Baltimore twice and the traffic was crazy.

I'm excited there's a lot of potential baptisms because of the nonmembers coming to church that are dating a member or married to them or just friends that are coming. I'm excited. We had some awesome lessons. Members came out with us for this week, too.

So, I'll find out about transfers next week. So, President said I could meet with the grandparents and have lunch on a preparation day sometime. This week was awesome. We had a ward Memorial Day picnic and the ward really helps me and Elder Tausaga.

This week we've done a ton of service. We had the coolest experience. This member in our area is in the Air Force and he volunteers repairing old engines. So we went to this museum in the basement with him where they built planes that fought in WWII. We got to get up close to some planes that fought in Vietnam. Then the cool part is I'm now an honorary mechanic. I helped take apart an engine from a plane that fought in the 1950's. It was so cool.

Then we were at Ross yesterday because we both love clothes and this member comes up to us and asks us if we have dinner plans. We didn't and so he asked where we wanted to go and Elder Tausaga said Habachi Grill. Dinner was good. The members are very kind to us.

Love you all.

Elder Ressler