Monday, May 2, 2016

Towson, MD - May 2, 2016

The ward loves us. I'm now serving in the Jones Falls ward just outside of Baltimore. It's also really cool because we have like four companionships that all live really close by, like Spanish Baltimore YSA and the other missionaries that are in our ward. I have a car now, no more biking in the rain for me! I live in Towson which is a college town and it's super nice. Our area is a lot bigger than my last area, even the ward is like two times as big. The members here REALLY love helping with missionary work.

Elder Tausaga is awesome. He's really bold with people and really relaxed. He plays the ukulele really good and he's going to teach me . So his mission is his first time in America. He's from Samoa and he learned English in the MTC, but only was there for 2 weeks. His English is good now though. He said it was weird wearing shoes not flip flops when he got here and he used to go spear fishing in Samoa and wear a lava lava. He's on a professional volleyball team. You know we're tearing up the gym here. Elder Tausaga is a really hard working missionary which I love.

We're having a lot of success already. It's a pretty nice apartment, but not as big as my last one. The members love doing missionary work. We already put a guy on date for baptism my 2nd day.

The area's really pretty. My first day driving was scary, but I am doing well. I'm so close to Grandma and Grandpa. I'll have to have lunch with them. It's allowed. I haven't seen any not nice areas, because I have the top part which is like Towson and a little below, then up to the Pennsylvania border.

Love,

Elder Ressler