Monday, May 23, 2016

Towson, MD - May 23, 2016

It's a beautiful day today. It's been raining all week. I am loving the Jones Falls ward! The people here are so cool and the ward members are really supportive. We are teaching this guy who's a rapper. He came to church yesterday and is really excited to be baptized. It was cool he told me Joseph Smith went through quite the journey. I was like what do you mean and he told me a step by step summary of like the introduction and how Joseph Smith got the plates it was awesome. Then he talked about Michael Jordan's faith with basketball and how he would shoot with his eyes closed he's the man. Then we had another investigator come. It's been a really good week. I bought a Ukulele and my companion is teaching me the "good stuff". I also bought the coolest sweatshirt I forgot to take a picture but it's awesome one of a kind ;) Me and my companion eat a lot of rice. He mixes his with tuna and mayonnaise which actually tastes really good. So next month that's all I'm buying because it's really cheap.   

I love the ukulele I actually got a really awesome deal on it. Elder Tausaga's teaching me to play. It's really easy. I can already play 3 songs on it, like hallelujah from Shrek. We're going to write a song on the Book of Mormon and play it for people. This last Sunday was the best ever. We had 4 investigators come to church. The family who have been coming for a while. We're actually going to go see them next week. They really like us which is awesome. We are emailing president to have us stay together as companions. One investigator is progressing pretty well. We just finished tithing we're just deciding a date when he can. He's come to church 3 times now. Another investigator came and he took the light rail and then we picked him up. We introduced him to member who is a rapper as well and it was really good. He's coming out to teach him Friday. He really liked the first two hours of church, but he totally fell asleep the last 20 minutes of priesthood. Three hours is a lot for people who usually only go to church one hour twice a year. Towson is busy it's a college town, but a lot of the 20 year olds are prepared.

Love you,

Elder Ressler