Monday, December 28, 2015

Annapolis, MD - December 28, 2015

Merry Christmas Everybody!! Hope you all had an awesome Christmas. I love this time of year. It's been a little bit harder to talk and teach people lately because they have been busy with the holidays. It was super weird riding my bike to dinner appointments in 70 degrees with a lot of humidity. I'm not going to lie, I missed the snow a little bit.

We had an awesome miracle. This young family we lost contact with we found on the street on Tuesday. They wanted to meet with us that day and they want to meet with us again. Prayer works. This week has been good but felt really off, because we have done a lot less proselyting. Christmas Eve, Christmas and Wednesday for a mission Christmas party we just hung out, playing monopoly and basketball. The Christmas party was great because I got to see my trainer and a lot of awesome missionaries again that I haven't seen in a while like Elders Benson and Baucam. Me and my companion Elder Meyer had a blast during Christmas and we went downtown and to the mall.  

We have been getting really close to this less active family where the kids aren't baptized, because they want the kids to decide for themselves. Two of them want to start taking the lessons, and we're working with the others! We got stuffed for Christmas and all this week and Elder Meyer's mom and my mom together gave me so much candy! I don't know if it's just out here, but everyone here has those crazy hover board things where they lean and listen to music.

It was so awesome Skyping you it was definitely the highlight of my week! Man! I miss playing games with you all for Christmas! That was the most relaxing/fun thing ever. Did you eat a ton too? We had a huge feast with some senior missionaries on Sunday and then we went to visit granny and she made us eat a bunch of pie, sweet potatoes, potato salad and fried chicken. I ate so much. I think I gained some weight this week even though we rode bikes a ton.

I don't want to leave Annapolis I'm not going to lie.

Elder Ressler