Monday, March 21, 2016

Annapolis, MD - March 21, 2016


I don't get sick on my mission. Now that it's getting warmer the work is moving more and there's always people on the streets to talk to.

The temple is so peaceful! It's the spirit. I needed it when we went it was so relaxing. I can't wait to go to that Provo temple when I get back.

Our new convert hasn't been to church in a long time because of health reasons but he's coming next week. He's doing better the relief society and everyone is feeding him good meals and looking out for him.

Tell Brendon everything he helped me with bikes came in handy, my companion has had super bad bike problems and I temporarily patched it up it was great. We have an investigator who always wants to talk about the "word" with us and we saw him last week. Apparently Travis Pastrana or whatever who is one of the most famous x game bikers lives in my area so we're going to get him baptized ;) A family we are teaching is still really excited and are reading the Book of Mormon. They just need to come to church.

A lot of people find their Savior in jail but think that now they can do whatever they want but they don't realize Christ wants lasting change and change of heart.

So it was 80 degrees and then the next day was like 40 and raining/ hailing it was a joke. Short sleeve to full coat. I'm having a lot of fun though riding my bike and having an excuse to talk to everyone I see. Things have been awesome lately. We've been super busy which is good. We did a lot of teaching this week, but all of our solid ones we thought were coming to church had to reschedule and couldn't come to church except surprise! One investigator came and apparently is dating one of our YSA's and wants to start meeting with us again.

We had dinner with a family and the wife was raised on a farm and knows how to wield it. We had this awesome miracle where I went really far off our path to talk to this guy and just started talking about Jamaica for five minutes and then he said come back later that night and he wants to be baptized and his whole family too!! Then we got in with tons of less actives that usually are busy.

Guess what I made some bacon cheddar onion cupcakes the other day and I tried to make them as fast as I could so it was like cupcake wars. It made my companion laugh.

Love you!

Elder Ressler