Monday, November 14, 2016

Lancaster, PA - November 14, 2016


I'm doing pretty good. I had the weird realization the other day that I only have 9 months left. This week was good except for I was sick all week and still worked through it. We found a lot of people so that's cool. I've given 5 talks in sacrament meeting and 4 musical numbers on my mission.

The elections here are crazy. A lot of people here wanted Hillary. It's been awesome serving here. I want to stay. The demographics in the city are pretty diverse. We meet some interesting people.

This week we knocked on a guys door and he was like "Wow, this is such a miracle and a blessing you guys are here. My son just found out he has type 1 diabetes and other medical issues and we've been praying for answers." Then we taught this awesome guy who knows one of my favorite members. Some other investigators came to the Spanish branch's fiesta and they loved it. Hopefully they come to church next week. One investigator read like five chapters when we only committed him to read two. Then this investigator walked all the way to church. Just at the wrong time. He was pretty late. Shows how committed he is. He's from the Congo and we offered him a ride. It was slow teaching this week, but we met a lot of new people. Me and Elder Dearing are getting along well. He's a good guy.

Love,

Elder Ressler