Monday, October 3, 2016

Lancaster, PA - October 3, 2016


Things here are awesome. There's a lot of potential. An investigator wants to be baptized, but we're still trying to help him. He's still got a long way. There is a great family we are working with and another investigator who is fairly new who will probably get baptized. He is really excited and has already been to church. Then another who has cousins who are members and he says he's coming to church.

I had a head cold, but got better pretty quick. It's amazing how much we take feeling good for granted. This week was cold though! Summer is over for sure. I was pulling out the sweaters and things. I did get to wear my new rain jacket though! Transfer calls are next Sunday.

It's interesting how certain General Conference talks uplift and touch us and don't touch others. Elder Eyring was emotional at the Philadelphia Temple dedication. I love Elder Eyring. Elder Oaks said something really cool when he visited us. An Elder asked how he can strengthen his weak testimony and Elder Oaks pulled up a scripture, stating that  some have the gift of knowing Jesus is the Christ and some have to lean on their testimony. Kind of like the apostles and Jesus coming to them after the resurrection. I love being on a mission. I want to train because there's this new elder I serve around and he's super pumped to be a missionary and it motivates me as well. He's got that greenie fire. Hey only 2.5 months and we get to talk again.

Love you

Elder Ressler