Monday, July 11, 2016

Towson, MD - July 11, 2016


Maryland's pretty great. I decided I really like it this week. I actually don't mind the humidity at all. The mission's good. We have an investigator is ready to get baptism this Saturday. I'll send you some pictures.

This week was hot! I talked to a sister in our ward and if I get her the fabric she can make us skinny ties. The fabric is like 3-5$ a tie so that's what I'm doing today me and Elder Allen are pumped. So Elder Allen has this second uncle in my area and we went and visited him. He's pretty familiar with Mormons, but his French niece was visiting them and so we taught the restoration to her and he translated sitting next to their pool it was pretty cool. I wish I spoke French it sounds cool.

The cool thing they did in the mission field is they made new church pamphlets on temples and one on what to do after baptism as far as callings and stuff. Interviews with president are this week. We find out about transfers on Sunday. I kind of want to go somewhere in Pennsylvania, but I kind of want to stay. The work here is moving especially with the members. I did a musical number in church, Come Thou Fount and everyone loved it. We got like five people sign up to feed us on the calendar and the other missionaries both had one... I felt kind of bad.

I had dinner with this family and I've really been thinking about a career for after the mission. I'm still playing with the idea of being a doctor, but the wife of this family came out and said it wasn't a good career for families her husband is never home. She said if I'm serious about being a doctor to choose my field wisely and make sure I like it.

Love you

Elder Ressler