Monday, February 22, 2016

Annapolis, MD - February 22, 2016


I've had an awesome week teaching people. I love talking to people. This week has been awesome. Everyone has been letting us in and we are starting to get with families I have tried to get in with my whole mission but not been able to.

This ward loves me for my piano skills. This ward member is calling me elder tips like finger tips he says because I played a musical number last week and it was awesome. I played the  song "If You Could Hie to Kolob" by Marshall McDonald. I haven't had too much time to practice, but I have gotten a lot better at sight reading.

I hate being sick. It's weird though because I've actually been pretty good out here in the cold not getting sick. It's a real blessing for being a missionary.

I did something weird. Last night right before bed I got hungry and decided to make some Chinese food like spicy seafood ramen which is fancy ramen and also fried rice. Last preparation day was fun we went to a world famous restaurant called Chick and Ruths and got the largest milkshake in the world. It was fun this week we went bowling and some of the missionaries are going to get me a sick jacket. It's like a warm-up jacket with graffiti on it. I'm pumped.

These last days have been awesome. Super humid, which I've come to love and 60 or so. We went to an Amish market last week and it took me back let me tell you. I got some potato salad and a whole lot of bubble gum.

If people skip repentance or don't really focus on it then they aren't solid converts. This gospel is meant to change our lives for the better if we let it. I'm giving an instruction tomorrow on it for zone training. We're focusing more on applying repentance sooner and commitments.

Love you,

Elder Ressler