Monday, December 5, 2016

Lancaster, PA - December 5, 2016


Oh Christmas in Lancaster is going to be the best. The city has spent a lot of money on lighting up and decorating the city. It's like a wonderland. A huge Christmas tree and like every light post has a wreath and lights. I'm pretty sure we'll get to see the grandparents and hopefully Mark.

Our investigator came again to church and I'm pretty sure he's here to stay. We just need to get him to quit smoking. I'm a little worried about that so will you guys pray for that? We've introduced him to tons of members and it helps that he's very outgoing.

I had dinner with a nonmember lady who is a survivor from WWII she lived in Dresdon, which was one of the most bombed cities. She had some crazy stories about how God helped her. She had a prompting to leave the city one day and that was the biggest bombing where 130,000 died in 10  seconds.

I loved the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.

This week was slow teaching. We had to drop tons of people because they just won't change, but two investigators have given me a lot of hope. I know I'm making a difference even though it's hard to see sometimes serving in a very Christian area where almost everyone won't listen to you.

A lot of the members think I'm moving back to Lancaster, PA, I said we'll see.

Love ya!

Elder Ressler